PH: 518-462-3000 | FX: 518-462-4199 |
Daniel Bernstein focuses his practice on litigation, health care, and labor and employment law. He represents clients in general litigation matters, including breach of contract, tort, and employment-related actions, and counsels and represents clients on a wide range of corporate matters involving:
- Corporate governance and compliance
- Due diligence
- Medicare and Medicaid audits
- Tax-exempt bond financing
- Pension benefits and severance pay plan agreements
- Federal and state wage and hour matters
- Federal and state Fair Credit Reporting Acts
- Employee handbook drafting and review
Dan also represents medical students and graduates in residency and licensure matters. This includes a full range of counseling and assistance with matters involving the National Residency Match Program (“NRMP”) and the post-residency licensing process.
Before joining ICRH, Dan was an associate in the Albany office of Bond, Schoeneck & King.
Court Decision on ACA’s 60-Day Repayment Rule Gives Providers Valuable Guidance, American Health Lawyers In-House Counselor, November 2015 (co-authored with James Lagios).
Hirer Beware: Avoiding Common FCRA Pitfalls with Employee Background Checks, The Primerus Paradigm, Fall 2015.
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Daughters of Sarah Nursing Center, Board Member (2015 – present)
- Jewish Federation of Northeastern New York, Board Member (2016 – present)
- Jewish Family Services of Northeastern New York, Board Member (2014 – 2016)
- Mifgash Community High School Program, Volunteer Teacher (Spring 2016 - present)
- Catskill Animal Sanctuary, Member (2015 – present)